Guidelines for the article contributors
Uttar Bharat Bhoogol Patrika is a Geographical (Peer Reviewed) biannual journal published by the Department of Geography, DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, India. It publishes original research papers, review articles, book reviews, news and views in Hindi or English as received from the contributors. The journal welcomes contributions from scholars of Geography and allied disciplines specially centered on new ideas and methodologically innovative in nature.
Notes and Guideline for Contributors : Contributions are invited in about 5000 words in English or Hindi. This limit should not exceed without prior permission of the editor.
- Format of Research Paper : Title of the paper, author’s name, designation and affiliation on the top. The research paper should sequentially arranged with abstracts (200 words), keywords (5 to 6), introduction, objectives, database and research methodology, analysis, followed by conclusion and references in the last.
- Type script : Two copies of the manuscript should be submitted with single space on A4 size paper typed one side with a broad left hand margin. A soft copy in English or Hindi (Times New Roman, font-size 10 in English and Kurtidev 010, font-size 12 in Hindi) may also be sent to email : email@example.com
- Figures : Figures should be drawn in black and white in such a way that it may be in a column (12 cm. X 18 cm.) or in half page (22 cm. X 18 cm.), colour photographs or figures are also acceptable, if contributors pay the cost.
• Statistical Tables : Statistical tables should be in English only in the text and its proper location should also be given in the margin.
• References : Bibliographical references for books, edited books & research papers in Journals may be cited under –
o Book : Harvey, D. (2003) Explanation in Geography, Rawat Publications, New Delhi.
o Edited book : Janelle, D.G. (ed.) (1992) Geographical snapshots of North America, Guilford Press, New York.
o Journal Article Kwan, M.P. (1999) Space-time and integral measures of individual accessibility A comparative analysis using a point-based framework. Geographical Analysis, 30(3) : 191-216.
o Thesis : Rutherford, P. (2000) The problem of nature in contemporary social theory, Ph.D. diss., Australian National University.
• Online information : Rutherford, P. (2000) The problem of nature in contemporary social theory. Ph.D. diss., Australian National University. Available at
o http//:eprints.anu.edu.auarchive00000580 (last accessed 3 October, 2006).
• Declaration : Author should declare that the paper sent to publication is original and not published anywhere in any Journal or Book.
• Copyright : It is author’s responsibility to obtain copyright clearance for the figures, photographs or extracts of texts. Neither the Association nor the editors are responsible for the opinions of contributors.
Association of North Indian Geographers
Department of Geography, Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University,
Gorakhpur – 273009